Blog Archive

Friday 23 December 2016

"I had nothing but my phone and the shikini salary from my job". Read this inspiring story from Nothing to Great things by August Secret

My mentor would always say the problem is not the dream or the goal. The problem is just the fear of Starting. This is a story that should conquer such fear if you are experiencing one at the moment. What's your dream? Determine to start it Now.
The healthy baby/toddler food blogger shared her story from how she started. Building a dream to setting to her goals and then making it a reality. You can follow her page for very yummy food recipes for your toddlers. All natural recipe I must say and home made as well. Things you can actually do yourself.


"GRATITUDE: 😍😍😍💑💃👬 I started this year with a goal of finally launching into what I love: Healthier, Baby and Toddler Food in a fun way! 
I just wanted to blog about recipes, and combine it with my day's job which was  about writing anyway: I still work as a journalist. 😆

I started, shebi they said "Start with what you have" I had nothing, but my phone, and the 'shikini' salary from my job with a govt organisation. 
Quality and excellence was top on my mind. But as an 'Mgbeke' who only lived in a flat on the mainland of Lagos, how will I do it?? Being supported greatly by my family and you, I have been able to employ 3 people directly and 6 people indirectly with #augustsecrets

Within 5 months, I fearfully broke a rule of my profession: I was being interviewed on TV, radio and a full-page of a national newspaper, even while working full time! 😊

My products are being sold in 5 states, UK, and shipped worldwide from my house. 
God bless the person who invented wigs, because I am always looking like a sick person everyday, cooking, doing foodart, running upandan, attending to the house, looking for suppliers, attending to moms, and meeting up with deadlines at work. 
Till today, if you ask me how did I do it? I will say I dont know. I dont know o! 😊

All I just know is Value is top in my list. Value first! And money will come.  I have also taken risks that cost me a lot of money!  I have been forced out of my comfort zone. If anyone told me I will be pursuing a course in nutrition now, I would have argued! But here I am. 😊

I have to thank you so much for making it worth it for me. God  will bless you! 
As for God, I have nothing to say than to be rolling on the floor in awe of His Holy name. 
Elshaddai, who knows the end from the beginning, hallowed be your name! 
I dont know what 2017 will hold but I know it will be great for you and me. Run your own journey. Respect the process. Be grateful for the baby steps. Be sincere with yourself.😊
Cry if down, but dont let it last.

Life is short, so let each of us just make our little impact and go...."