Blog Archive

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Part 2 of the story that inspires by Jimi Tewe

Always surround yourself with people that see greatness in you even if you don't see it in yourself. There are lots of people out there willing to help and build you. Don't withdraw and don't pull yourself back. Don't look down on yourself and don't ever feel inferior to them. They are just as ordinary as you are. Learn to see the good in you at all time. And always believe in yourself. What a motivating story by Jimi Tewe.

"(Part 2/2) I grew up in a Christian home and I got born again when I was ­in my 2nd year in Junior Secondary school (JSS2). In JSS3 we were about writing the ­exams that would take us to Senior Secondary School, but my dad was concerned about me. He got the Maths teacher, Mr Balogun from school to ­come be my home teacher because that was my worst subject. I just couldn't understand it. And in spite of that, I was still failing.
So I remember it was some weeks to the exams and my dad came to school to see Mr Ba­logun. My dad told him, “Mr Balogun, Jimi can't fail this exam o. Please o, does he need more classes?" And Mr Balogun had a startled look on his face and he said, "Jimi?­ Which exam? Maths? No o. Jimi will do very well." All the while he was speaking, I was wondering which Jimi they ­were talking about.
To my surprise, I ­finished the exams and I got just one A, and it was in Maths. That's where I learnt the place of believing in others and how that can transform people’s lives. Nobody had believed in me like that and ­I don't blame my parents because I had given them enough bad results. I don't know what Mr Balogun saw in me or why he said what he said, but I remember that his belief alone helped me. From there I said to myself, “I like Maths.” It changed my perspective.
I started getting better results, results I'd never had before in my entire destiny *laughs*. So, ­by the time I got to ­SS2, I wrote JAMB, WAE­C and I passed. I gained admission to the ­University of Ibadan ­and graduated with a ­2.1 CGPA in Agricultural Economics and the rest is history, though it ­is still being written. #Unfiltered #RealStories #WhatsYourStory"